Attractions & things to do for the kids in your life

Toronto Festival of Clowns (Toronto)



The Toronto Clown Festival started as a festival with some shows for families and others for adults only. But early on they decided to cater only to adults. So, if you see advertising for this festival, remember. Those cute clowns lead a double life! In 2015 programming for example, there's one show where two pirates have been banished to the crow’s nest, tied up by their mad captain, and to remain there until they’ve learned to get along with one another. The twist is that the show’s subject matter is chosen by the audience prior to the show! There's another one inspired by reports stating that the top 1 % will control more wealth than the remaining 99% by 2016 and asking who are the culprits and why do they continue to get away with their despicable greed. A reverent asks life’s most important question: Are you prepared to meet your clown maker? Of another clown, it was said that she is "hideously wily, exquisitely wicked, elegantly perverse and profoundly awkward". Bottom line, viewer discretion is advised, if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment

Other parents would love to read your comments, anecdotes or tips about this attraction.

Buy the book Toronto Street Art Strolls

Nathalie's tips for a smooth outing

After years of doing all kinds of outings with my children, I can assure you the secret to a perfect outing lies in the details, not the destination.


facebook logopinterest logotwitter-logo-62instagram logo

Subscribe to our newsletter

A post shared by Nathalie Prézeau (@torontourbanstrolls) on